Sunday, May 17, 2009

Out with the old house, in with the new!


Finally, loads of exciting news!! Our house in Homer is under contract to be purchased by a very nice couple. We are past the home inspection and have the apprasial early this week. We are set to close on June 22nd. Possibly sooner if the buyers receive the funds they are waiting on early. We made an offer on a home in Kenai on Thursday, after some negotiations, we made a deal on Friday afternoon and the sellers signed the papers. We are set to close on the house the same day we close the deal on the Homer house. Although, we have the option to move into the house early and pay rent to the sellers. We're not sure how it will all pan out in the end. But we are SOOO excited about our new home. I had really liked one particular house in Kenai for a long time, but before we made an offer Alex wanted to look at one more home. We did and I feel in love with it right away. It is located in Inlet Woods subdivision, which is really nice. It's on a double (1/2 acre) city lot. It's 1700 sq feet with 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. It also has a really great two car garage. There is plenty of room for parking our boats and travel trailer and have friends over too! The house appears to be very well maintained and certainly clean. There is also a fireplace and hot tub! There currently isn't a stove in the kitchen so the sellers are paying for a new one and we get to pick it out. Our home inspection is set for Wednesday. Once we're past that we'll be very glad. Alex and I are both very excited about the home and the choice we made. If all goes well we'll be moving into our new home in just 4 weeks!

2 comments:

Megan said...

oh Sarah I am so happy for you guys! I know a lot of prayers were answered!

Kate M. Jefferson said...

AWESOME!!! I know you've been waiting for so long, and I'm thrilled for you! YAY!!! :)