Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

For thanksgiving this year Dain and I celebrated twice. Celebrating holidays multiple times has become a common occurence for our family since we have several different branches of extended family who love us so. Therefore, Dain and I arrived in Soldotna on Thanksgiving day and spent the afternoon hours with Gramma and Grandpa Douthit and aunts, uncles, cousins and so. We had a really nice time! Dain managed to eat off of everyone's plates. I've never seen him eat so much food or seen his belly so big! Just before evening we headed to Alex's mom's house to celebrate another thanksgiving. Again, we had good food and good fun. Dain can't wait to do it all over again at Christmas.

Our house is still on the market. We have had steady interest but no offers. I'm confident our house will sell eventually, so we're (somewhat) patiently waiting. Alex has finished training and is finally on his own at work which is a big relief for him. I know he'll be even happier when we can all be living in Kenai together. We're going house hunting again next week. We're also going ot see if there might be someone interested in renting our house in Homer. We'll just see. We've got lots of options.

The white christmas lights are up on the house and they look beautiful. Meanwhile, Dain and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of a christmas tree which Alex should be bringing home on Sunday!

No comments: